Steven M. Berger
Steven M. Berger sees Estate Planning as a practice of law where values can be put into action. As both a Husband and as a Father of three daughters, he realizes how important relationships are to the well being of the family. He knows how a properly drafted estate plan can build those relationships and minimize family strife. A licensed pilot, Steven M. Berger knows that a good flight plan should avoid storms, route toward smooth air, and most importantly minimize the effects of any emergencies. As a parallel to a good flight plan your estate plan should avoid the destruction of your hard earned assets by taxes, court costs, and fights among your heirs. Instead, your assets should pass smoothly according to your wishes. As an Air Force Academy graduate, an Eagle Scout, and as President of the local chapter of Air Force Academy graduates, Steven Berger knows how leadership and values can influence the next generation. Steven M. Berger especially enjoys working with government and corporate employees who have been good stewards of their resources who now want to pass on those blessings. “Learn, Earn, Return” is a motto for this strategy. Our firm can provide your family with a comprehensive estate plan at a fair and reasonable cost.
Steven M. Berger supports a wide variety of organizations to promote their values and give back to the community.
- Wills for Heroes – Steven M. Berger trains other attorneys and supervises the annual preparation of wills, power of attorney, and advance directives for Anne Arundel County Police and Firefighters.
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School – Steven M. Berger is a past member of the Executive Council and provides pro bono legal services to the Council. His wife, Valerie, teaches 4 year olds at the school.
- Military Officers Association of America – As a former Air Force Officer and father of a Navy Officer Steven M. Berger supports this organization that advocates for a strong national defense. He is a listed lawyer providing legal services to other MOAA members.
- Air Force Academy Association of Graduates – Steven M. Berger is the President of the Baltimore Chapter and urges graduates to reach positions of leadership in business and government where they can make a positive contribution in the community.
- Severna Park Chamber of Commerce – Steven M. Berger is an active member of the Severna Park Chamber of Commerce. He is also the co-chair of the Thursday morning Sun Group which is a bi-weekly small group meeting of professionals seeking to strengthen their businesses.
Besides work and professional activities, Steven M. Berger enjoys outdoor and recreational activities.
Education & training
University of Maryland School of Law
United States Air Force Academy
B.S., Economics, Management
Accredited Estate Planner, 2016
Accredited attorney for Veterans Affairs, 2011
Maryland State Bar, 1990