Steven M. Berger keeps updated on the latest developments and changes in estate law by membership in the following professional associations.
- WealthCounsel – A nationwide association of estate planning attorneys. WealthCounsel provides training, software, and a collaborative environment for the latest in estate planning techniques.
- Maryland State Bar Association and Estates and Trusts Section – The State Bar provides updates and training on new laws that affect the practice of law.
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association and Estates and Trusts Section – The County Bar provides an opportunity to meet in smaller groups to receive legal updates and discuss issues of interest in our community.
- Financial Planning Association and Financial Planning Association of Maryland – An opportunity to work with financial advisers and see estate planning through their perspective the trusted confidants of the family.
- Severna Park Association of Attorneys – President of a local association of lawyers to maintain professional relationships with those practicing in different fields of law.
Steven M. Berger supports a wide variety of organizations to promote their values and give back to the community.
- Wills for Heroes – Steven M. Berger trains other attorneys and supervises the annual preparation of wills, power of attorney, and advance directives for Anne Arundel County Police and Firefighters.
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School – Steven M. Berger is a past member of the Executive Council and provides pro bono legal services to the Council. His wife, Valerie, teaches 4 year olds at the school.
- Military Officers Association of America – As a former Air Force Officer and father of a Navy Officer Steven M. Berger supports this organization that advocates for a strong national defense. He is a listed lawyer providing legal services to other MOAA members.
- Air Force Academy Association of Graduates – Steven M. Berger is the President of the Baltimore Chapter and urges graduates to reach positions of leadership in business and government where they can make a positive contribution in the community.
- Severna Park Chamber of Commerce – Steven M. Berger is an active member of the Severna Park Chamber of Commerce. He is also the co-chair of the Thursday morning Sun Group which is a bi-weekly small group meeting of professionals seeking to strengthen their businesses.
Besides work and professional activities, Steven M. Berger enjoys outdoor and recreational activities.
- Severna Park Peloton – He enjoys bicycling with other riders in the community.
- Running – Steven M. Berger ran the Marine Corps Marathon in 2014 after a summer of training with the Annapolis Striders.
- Skiing – The family maintains a ski condo at Copper Mtn., Colorado. The mountains are great place to get away from it all.